Thursday, February 1, 2018

GETTING TO KNOW OUR "A FRESH LOOK" ARTISTS:AUDREY NORMAN


AUDREY NORMAN: Paper Artist 

I was born and raised in Mt. Vernon, Texas. I graduated high school in 2000, and then I went to Texas Tech in Lubbock. I graduated from Tech in 2005 with a BFA in graphic design. Once graduated, I moved to Austin. After living in Austin for four years, I entered the alternative certification process with Region 13 to become an art educator. Once I received my teaching certificate I accepted my first job in Victoria, Texas. I taught middle and high school art there for 3 years. I moved back to Mt. Vernon to teach art at the high school, and I have been teaching here for 7 years. 

I am passionate about art, and I enjoy working in a variety of media. I have been working with paper for around 12 years, and I think it is fair to say I have become a little obsessed. I find the possibilities of paper an endless source of curiosity and joy. 

*Bio provided by Audrey Norman




No comments:

Post a Comment